Change- It is always happening
Do you feel like the changes you are experience in your personal and professional life are
happening at increased pace? The truth is, we all face changes every day. It can be our interactions with others, the weather, getting a new app for your phone, a disruption in your daily routine, celebrating a success, getting a promotion, focusing on your problems, getting stuck in traffic… the lists goes on and on.
We have all heard the expression, “ The only constant in life is change.” Which I believe is true. And, I also believe that how we react to change is with in our control. And, those choices will have a profound impact on the quality of your life. When change is positive, it is easy to react with gratitude, enthusiasm and excitement. But what about when the changes we experience are perceive to have a negative impact on our lives?
Here are some simple, yet widely effective strategies and techniques that work for my clients and me.
1) Understand that change is going to happen.
2) You are in control of your reactions.
3) Refocus your mindset using affirmations, journaling and visualization of positive results.
4) Clear your mind with exercise and fresh air.
5) Reach out to your personal board of directors, family member, close friend or coach that can provide you with a different perspective to get you back on track.
It is amazing how we each have our own resiliency and ability to overcome changes that are perceived as obstacles. Live your life with gratitude and embrace change as an opportunity for continuous renewal and growth. Remember, if it were easy, anyone could do it. You got this!!
Let’s get started! www.pennvieau.com